Tuganovichy is a landscape park of the Romantic period. The park ensemble is located near the River Servech to the north of the village of Karchevo. The park is of great commemorative significance as its history is connected with many famous historic and cultural personalities, first and foremost, with Adam Mickievicz.Running Sneakers StoreNike News
The estate consisted of the steward’s yard and next to it was a creamery, a stable with a shed for carts and granaries. The dwelling house was wooden with two floors, behind it there was a large garden with a pond and different utility structures. On the bank of the river, near the dam lined with pussy-willows, a mill was turning its 2 wheels. Before WWI, there was a tomb chapel in the south-western part of the park.
In 1778 the family of Wereszczaka become the owners of Tuganovichy estate. In 1844, Constantine Tuganovsky became its owner, and his daughter Josefa was the last to own the estate (until 1939).
In 1915 Tuganovichi suffered great damage from military operations. Many centuries-old trees were cut down, and all that remained from the the buildings was ruins.
The history of Tuganovichy park is directly connected with the name of Adam Mickievicz who would repeatedly come to see Maryla Wereszczaka. Here their love was born which, due to certain circumastances, was fated never to turn into a family, but gave rise to Adam’s numerous poetic works.
The landscape park has remained intact, its total area being 11.7 hectares. A short path lined with lime-trees leads to the park and ends where the lime-trees form a circle.
The park is a natural monument.
Geographic coordinates: N 53° 22' 34,41" E 26° 08' 07,70"
Foto: Владимира ЗУЕВА