Transfiguration Catholic church in Novaya Mysh
The first Catholic church in the settlement of Novaya Mysh came into being as far back as 1641. After the fire of 1825, a stone temple was erected.
The Catholic church is an architectural monument of eclectic style which combines forms of classical and gothic styles. It is rectangular in shape with a triangular sanctuary and a gable roof.
The main facade is a portico with four pairs of columns and a high triangular pediment which is characteristic of late Classicism and Empire style. Its lancet windows is evidence of the influential role played by retrospective gothic style.
Its interior contains masterpieces of decorative and applied arts of baroque and rococo styles.
In 1905, the church was decorated with 3 wooden carved altars and an ambo. The altars were made in the 17th century and the ambo – in 1745. They were all brought from Nesvizh Benedictine nunnery after it had been closed down.
Geographic coordinates: N 53° 08' 18,55" E 25° 54' 29,14"
Foto: Владимира ЗУЕВА, Андрея ПОНОМАРЕВА