St.Peter and Paul Church in Molchad
St. Peter and Paul Church (a monument of church architectural retrospective Russian style) in the village of Molchad was built in 1880, according to a standardized church planning, improved by architect Tikhvinsky in 1869-1873. The contractors were merchants Nakhman Butkovsky, Shymon Skidelsky and Abraham Prechner, who allocated 2,475 roubles for these purposes.Nike footwearGOLF NIKE SHOES
The church is a canonical temple made up of a bell tower, a refectory, a prayer hall and an apse. The extended axial symmetric and volume-spacial composition is dominated by the three-tire bell tower with a hipped roof and an onion-shaped dome. The main cubical body under the 4-slope hipped roof is crowned with 5 domes sitting on octahedral barrels and is complete with a cornice.
The front facades of the rectangular narthex and side altars have wedge-like pediments on short pilasters and deep arched portals.
The walls of the church are built of rubble stone while some decor components are made of brick.
The prayer hall is separated from the apse by a three-level iconostasis consisting of 13 icons painted in oil.
Geographic coordinates: N 53° 18' 44,98" E 25° 42' 01,50"
Foto: Владимира ЗУЕВА, Татьяны ГРИНКЕВИЧ, Андрея ПОНОМАРЕВА