Bohwitz family estate complex in Pavlinovo
Pavlinovo is a village in Baranovichi district run of village council subordination. The palace-and-park ensemble is sutuated near the source of the Kocheryshka River which is a tributary of the Lokhozva River.
In 1897, the land of the estate is bought by Jan Ottan Bohwitz from the Nowicky family. At first, they build utility structures. In 1906, the foundations of a palace are laid whose construction is completed in 1909.Best Authentic SneakersNike
an Ottan Bohwitz was the son of Florian Bohwitz, the renowned philosopher and writer, who was married to Paulina Majevska, sister of Barbara Majevska who was mother of Adam Mickievicz. He is known as a participant in the Crimean War. For his participation in the 1863-1864 uprising, he was thrown into Dinaburg prison. After his release from prison, he restored the estate in Voshkovtsy (Florianovo, its modern name is Urozhainaya) near Lyakhovichy, and laid the foundations of an estate in Pavlinovo which he called after his mother.
After 1915, his possessions went to his son Tadeusz Otton, and in 1930 – to his grandson Jan Otton (died in 1937). The last owner of the estate was Florian Bohwitz who was married to Helena Kersnowska (1875-1939).
The 7 - hectare estate-and-park ensemble is situated on a flat floodplain terrace, on all sides surrounded by forest. The centre of the composition is the palace which is rectangular in plan (28x15 m) and has 3 floors (the upper is an attic floor). It is built in neo-Gothic style and has projections on the main facade and on the one facing the park.
During the postwar period and until 1995, there was a military hospital on the premises of the palace-and-park complex. There is still a stable and an ice-house.
An entrance alley lined with lime-trees leads through the garden to the palace. At the beginning of the alley grow Canadian poplars.
The basis of the landscape composition is formed by a water system comprising an almost rectangular pond on the Kocheryshka River, another pond on a small stream and a large open clearing. Pavlinovo park is notable for its rich fauna species and is second in number of species among the parks in Baranovichi district surrendering the top place to Tuganovichi Park.
Geographic coordinates: N 53° 01' 39,47" E 25° 48' 59,11"
Foto: Владимира ЗУЕВА, Андрея ПОНОМАРЕВА, Татьяны ГРИНКЕВИЧ